Next week, the Spencer Ante book tour is coming to Boston for three special events.
1. I have helped to organize a great panel on Sep. 23 from 6:30pm – 9:30pm being hosted by Financial Dynamics. The timely topic of the panel: What Will Drive the Next Wave of Growth?
Edward J. Reilly, Chief Executive Officer of FD Americas is the host, & Scott Kirsner, Innovation Economy Columnist at the Boston Globe will be moderating the panel at the Taj Hotel.
The panel will discuss the collaborative role of venture capital, start-ups, the legal community, and academia in innovation, job creation and entrepreneurship. Cocktails and appetizers will be served afterwards.
Scott Kirsner will moderate a distinguished panel of experts including:
* Spencer Ante, Associate Editor at BusinessWeek and author of Creative Capital: Georges Doriot and the Birth of Venture Capital
* Bob Davis, General Partner, Highland Capital Partners
* Ed Goldfinger, Chief Financial Officer, Zipcar
* Richard Bergin, PhD, Managing Director, FTI Consulting
* Andy Goldfarb, Executive Managing Director Co-Founder, Globespan Capital Partners
2. On Sep. 24, I am giving a talk at the former home of Georges Doriot, a drop-dead gorgeous Beacon Hill townhouse now owned by Jim and Cathy Stone. I am really excited about this talk as well since a lot of the Doriot friends and family will be in attendance. This is a private event.
3. Last stop is the morning of Sep. 25 at the Boston French Library, a wonderful institution created by Georges and Edna Doriot. This event is open to the public. I will be giving a talk about the legacy of Doriot and why he remains a very relevant figure for today’s turbulent times. Tickets are $20 for members, and $30 for non-members. Click here for more info on the event.
Tags: Andy Goldfarb, Bob Davis, Boston, Ed Goldfinger, Edward J. Reilly, Financial Dynamics, French Library, FTI Consulting, Globespan Capital Partners, Highland Capital, Jim Stone, Richard Bergin, Scott Kirsner, Spencer Ante, Zipcar